What is Family Dentistry?
.What Do Family Dentists Do
Family dentists will typically focus on general and preventative dentistry. Some of the most common services & care that family dentists provide include:
- Regular cleanings and exams– is considered as Preventative Care Regularly scheduled 6-month exams are critical for patients of all ages because they help catch oral issues like tooth decay and gingivitis before they become more severe. These checkups are critical to ensure that your child’s teeth are developing properly.
- Fluoride treatments and dental sealants– Fluoride treatments and dental sealants are both great ways to prevent tooth decay, which is especially common in children and preteens.
- Cavity checks and fillings– Tooth decay is a common, yet completely preventable, condition. Most family dentists specialize in identifying and filling cavities, and treating patients of all ages who are suffering from tooth decay.
- Digital X-rays – Our Dentist office in Schaumburg, Illinois uses Digital X-Rays to help diagnosis any potential dental health concerns
- Orthodontics– Not all family dentists can offer in-house orthodontic treatment. However, they do offer orthodontic exams, and can provide referrals to outside orthodontists, if necessary. At Serenity Dental we offer a variety of Orthodontic solutions to our patients. We also offer a natural approach to teeth straightening.
Contact our team today at Serenity Dental to schedule a consultation!